My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time

It was a very sunny day as I drove from Port harcourt to Ughelli, and as usual I stopped at the the roadside stalls on the highway to buy foodstuff(usually prawns and plantain). Surprisingly I saw tortoises of various sizes hanging on from the wooden sheds. I got so curious as I have heard of people eating it and I had never tasted it. So I decided to price one small one, which I eventually bought for #1500. I happily put it in my booth anticipating what delicacy I wud prepare with it. How to kill it and remove shell now became the next issue, I've only heard of about people removing the shell with very hot water. Luckily for I found someone who was going to kill but instead of using hot water, the tortoise was heated on a stove to make it easy to remove the meat out of the shell. That was how I made Banga soup with with tortoise. Unfortunately I don't have photo of the soup but I have the picture of the tortoise and the killing process Even though all my friends criticized me for eating it, claiming it was an endangered species, I must confess I really enjoyed my Banga soup cooked with tortoise meat(Kinda tasted like chicken)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 dresses you should consider for that party - Jumia Fashion